Monday, July 21, 2008

You light up my. . . . day!



I officially bestow this fabulous award to the following blogs that keep me entertained daily, thus making the world a better place for all, seeing as if I'm not happy, no one is happy. Keep up the good work! (and of course, this award will be sent to Sista 1 & 2 and Kitty for so graciously giving me awards of their own)

Lori- because she got my Nirvana reference. (I promise to go poke around your world very soon!)

Andie- without her lead from the myspace blog to an offical blogspot page, there would be no Nicotine Queen. (And she's my sorority sister, duh. Totally makes her fabulous by proxy!)

ShoeAddict- because she is a fellow Southerner who rocks! (and convinces me to buy fabulous things!)

*Red- Have I mentioned I have a thing for redheads? and maybe she'll tell me who her ex-boyfriend is??? :-) please.

TTQ- is a fellow smoker. 'nuf said. (Hope you're feeling ok, hun. Haven't heard from you in awhile!)

East Coast Dweller- He seems to be one of my biggest fans.

BrooklynGal - Because I love her idea about a guidance counselor for 20somethings. (If you find one, let me know asap!)

Poker Girl- I want to join her bowling team! (You can smoke in bowling alleys in Vegas, right?)

TN Girl- I totally sympathize with her issues about moving to NYC. (Hang in there, Hun! If you want it bad enough, it will all be worth it!)

Traci Anne- Have I mentioned I love southern sorority girls living in the big bad apple?

And I think that concludes my blog reel. . . until more peeps show up!

Enjoy!

ps- anyone wanna email on how to add my awards to my sidebar? Thanks, Im an idiot!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks doll !!


ps...even my dumbass knows how to add to the sidebar

#1

kolls said...

Uh muh gah, thank you! And um, I don't know either. I've just been saving the picture to my computer, then putting a picture blurb in my layout. So yeah, I have three (now four!!) picture blurbs on there *laugh*

*Red said...

Thank you!!! And no, I can't tell you who he is. Well, maybe I can, I haven't decided yet. :)

shoeaddict said...

Thanks! I needed a little cheering up.

What we four say said...

thanks for reading my blog, and commenting! And now i found yours which is always fun, to stumble upon new ones!!!

Unknown said...

Luv it! I've been in TV land the past week... POTATO world.

TTQ said...

crap that was me, wrong log in

I Am Woody said...

Thanks for the pick-me-up! Today has been a real pisser but it's Monday, so what else is new???

LuLu said...

I agree with Lori, today was real shitty day so thank you for the sweet comments and for reading my blog! Also thanks for all of the great advice on NY!! I'm sure I will be bugging you again soon...LOL!

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Well, damn the man! I had a shitty day, too! Sucks that we're all in the same boat, but I'm sure the Sistas brought the beer!
Cheers!

Eli Blake said...

I got here via a comment on another blog, via a comment on another blog, and you know what?

I like your blog. You've got attitude, and you're not afraid to say anything.

LuLu said...

That's why I love Nicotine Queen. She doesn't apologize for it..which I love. It makes me realize that's it OK to speak your mind and not feel bad about it!

Eastcoastdweller said...

Nicotine Queen, I most certainly am one of Your biggest fans and I am happy to have been in Your thoughts.

I scribbled a little something today that I thought You might appreciate:

Now and then you hear the cry, “Smoking isn’t natural! How ridiculous it is to dry leaves, set them on fire and inhale the smoke!”

To which I would counter: Which of any of the fine arts of civilization is “natural?”

Is it natural to gather the beans of a certain tropical American tree, pile them up to ferment, grind them into powder, blend them with sugar and then reshape them into rectangles for human consumption? Probably not, but I love my chocolate anyway.

Is it natural to tend the larvae of a certain moth until they pupate, then throw them into vats of boiling water and collect the strings of their cocoons to spin into cloth? Probably not, but that’s how we get silk.

Smoking – done right -- is a fine art, a pleasure and in these days of high taxes, a luxury.

Last night, I dreamed that I was with some friends from college and two of the coeds lit cigarettes, as the group members announced they were all going to walk to Washington, D.C. That’s a bit of a hike from where I live.

As the smoke of the womens’ cigarettes drifted my way, they were pleasantly surprised to hear that I would join them. In my dreaming mind I said to myself, “So long as I can be in such company, why should I not want to take this trip?”

Andie said...

aww thanks!

send me the image and I'll put it in my sidebar and blog about it! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY Thankyou!!!!!

peace
#2

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Thanks for stopping by, Eli!
TN You're making me blush!
Andie- Haven't you hear of Copy and Paste? I'm LAZY.

Andie said...

I just copied it.

do you still need to know how to plug it into your sidebar? I can help you with that if you want.

It's easier if I can explain it to you over the phone than try to type it out.

because i'm lazy too. LOL