Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Old dog new tricks

Is it just me or when adults figure out how to use email their favorite thing to do is forward chain emails? Those of us who have been using this form of communication for 10 or so years are a little tired of it.

My mother is notorious for forwarding me religious emails (she thinks if she forwards enough to me my soul might be saved. Little does she know, I'm driving the bus) and my aunt sends me jokes, which are usually jokes I heard 5 years ago (but it's nice to reminisce!). Now that my uncle has my email address, you can add military emails to the list.

I think I'm going to get a separate email address specifically for the fly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have certain people that fwd to me all the time, and I hate it. I never even open them, just delete.

#1

LuLu said...

My nanny (grandmother) will send me a religous email, then a racist one, then a dirty one, etc.. It's hilarious. She doesn't know how to reply! Don't get me started on texting..She is clueless!

Jen Kucsak said...

HA you're so right... all my mother does is send me stupid forwards. But the funniest part is they are always the really bad ones.

shoeaddict said...

Oh do it! Get the I have seperate ones for those types of people and to give when I order online and stuff.

Eastcoastdweller said...

You are so right. My poor Mother in Law (believe it or not, we get along great) is always sending me these hoax emails, although I have now turned Her on to Snopes.com.