Wednesday, July 9, 2008

sTORI Telling


I literally inhaled this book. I checked it out at the library on Monday and I finished it last night.

I will admit, I never had an opinion of Tori Spelling, good or bad, but all I do remember in high school (or was it college) when I wanted to go back brunette, I wanted Donna Martin brunette (do yall remember that brown? That was a fabulous brown. I still want that brown. Maybe when the black grows out) Anyway- One night my honorary roommate and I were watching TV and we got hooked into watching Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood (And you all should know my opinion on reality TV by now- I don't do it). It was the episode her book was mailed to her and they were going to be evicted in 30 days unless they bought the house (which I thought wtf is Tori effin Spelling doing renting a house?). I was totally hooked into the show and that's when I decided to read the book. It was an entertaining light read that you will come out of rooting for Team Tori. I've never been good at keeping up with celebrity gossip, but she goes into her relationship with her mother and the "inheritance" issue after her father passed and it's completely understandable why and how the events played out in her life. I totally felt her pain about the lack of money consciousness until she was an adult and not being able to budget (Granted, my father isn't worth $500 million, but you get the picture). Admittedly there were a lot of parts were I got frustrated with her for being so passive, but I forgive her; the entire world cannot be as forward and vocal as me. She's fabulous and I want to be her friend (we could work on the passive aggressive thing, I'm a good coach).
And of course the cover was great inspiration at the gym.
Must. Look. Like. Tori.
You should really read this book.

8 comments:

LuLu said...

LOVE HER! She is hilarious! I watched last season as well and it was great! I will have to check out her book.

shoeaddict said...

I too inhaled the book because I was a massive 90210 fan. I related to her too with the money thing and all like you. Also, my father, sadly is not worth 500 mil. I like the show even though Dean gives me the willies sometimes.

Did you watch last night?

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

I actually havent seen it since that one episode that got me hooked. I need to find a website that has it.
Why does Dean give you the willies? He's hot and he adores her!!

LuLu said...

I think he's adorable and such a sweetheart! We all need a Dean...

Anonymous said...

I love the new show.
What happened to the B&B? I must have missed it.
Is her mother as mean as she seems?


peace
#2

Jen Kucsak said...

I was actually thinking of reading that... with the new 90210 coming back and all. But now I'm definitely going to read it. Did she mention her beef with "Brenda" at all?

shoeaddict said...

I don't know why Dean gives me the willies. I don't think he's all that hot. He does adore her though.

The episode that you saw was not that old. The new ones come on Tuesday on Oxygen at 9 your time (I think). Usually they repaly them all that night. Or some of them at least.

Andie said...

I may have to read this... even though I usually don't like these types of books... but i was sad when her dog died...