Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My, how much nothing has changed.

In the Spirit of not having one damn interesting thing to say (except maybe I am enjoying the Disney playlist on my ipod a little too much), let's have a blast from the past, shall we? These are from my myspace blog (pre-blogspot)

TWO YEARS AGO

Monday, July 24, 2006

Weekend Follies
Today sucks. Mondays suck. But this weekend was hysterical.

Friday it was back to normal. . .I went to bed early and it was great. I tried to watch Edward Scissorhands (yes I am the only idiot who hasn't seen it.) but it didn't happen. I am now completely involved in my Johnny Depp phase. I tried to watch as much of The Secret Window as I could on Sunday but missed a lot of it. . so Ill have to go back but it did look really creepy. I think he kills his ex-wife or something? Anyway.

Saturday night was the highlight. And there were only two highlights. One, being in the middle of arguing in the front of F&Ms over if we wanted to go in or not, we turned and noticed one of the guys with us took it upon himself to start checking IDs. Being drunk, we found this hysterical and while we are laughing at him, people are continuing to show him their IDs. Then the kicker is there was a guy inside the door checking IDs again. It was quite humorous. I was bent over at the waist laughing so hard it hurt.

And the second kicker. We saw one of the attorneys at my law firm inside F&Ms (once we finally decided to go in the godforsaken place). . . It was actually the attorney C works for and she screamed his name and then I told her it wasn't him, so she proceeds to walk off, embarrassed, but in my drunken state I walk up to him, my face a few inches away from his, and ask Is UR name ____? And then he proceeds to look at me like I'm stupid. It WAS in fact him. (And to clear up a few little things, I am not his assistant, C is. But her desk is literally right next to mine. His office is right next to my attorneys office. I see the man everyday. He walks right by me everyday.) Yes, that is how retarded I am. . .so now, even as I am sitting here typing this, I have to listen to C make fun of me for not recognizing. . but I'm sticking to my story. It wasn't him.

So if U did not see the humor in this. . . I guess U had to be there.

And I just made a date and I just realized I have $6.00 in my checking account. UGH. I hate being poor. Does anyone know if I'm allowed to have that little cash in there? Dammit.

who the hell was I dating back then?! And when the hell was I that poor in New Orleans? Impossible!!

ONE YEAR AGO

Friday, July 27, 2007

Lite my saf-FIRE.

Well helllooooo there. I am going to write a random blog in the spirit of my random life. Got a problem with that? Good.

A. I'm going to Florida today. Found out yesterday. Hope I get a tan.

B. Yesterday the receptionist said "Happy Friday Eve" and I said "I'd be happy if it were Friday" and she said "You're trying to live your life too fast" and then I thought about it. I'm only living for the weekends and I never enjoy the weekdays, except those moments when I come straight home and get into my bed. Those rock.

C. I want to go back to college. Really really bad. I look back on it and although I don't have any regrets, I just wish I would have had more fun, partied a little more and met more new people. I wish I would have gone to Fort Polk more, I wish I would have partied with different fraternities instead of the one that my boyfriend was in and I wish I wouldn't have taken sorority life so seriously. I know I'm going back to school in a year, but its not going to be the same. I'm going to be old. But at least I had the opportunity to go away for college- all you people who stayed in your hometowns and lived with mom and dad don't know what you were missing!

D. That song "Time" by Chantal Kreviazuk (its on my myspace) totally explains how I feel right now. I woke up and I'm already 25 with a job/ career (that I don't want) and I swore just yesterday I was 16. Where did all that time go? I guess it is true. Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

E. Yes a lot of that has to do with the new series on ABC, Greek. Let me just tell you all those people who stayed in town for college and all you GDI's, that show is seriously how Greek life is. There is always an archenemy in your own sorority (and I loved how Casey made Rebecca her little sis! That is a page RIGHT out of my college experience) there will always be the cute and adorable slacker fraternity you cant help but love (I don't know, TKE is coming to mind J ) there will always be amazingly themed parties, drunk people. . . Its just a really good portray of Greek life in college.

F. I painted my nails dark blue. See, if I wasn't me I don't think I would have gotten away with it. Then I thought about it, and thought about what people I work with wear to work at a law firm everyday and I said this will look perfectly fine. LoL.

G. I have become entirely too dependent on coffee to wake up in the morning. This is a really bad sign that I have become an adult. Oh and I drink it black with three or four sugars (a gold star to whoever knows where that quote comes from)

H. I love my mother to death, but if she does not stop flooding my e-mail with Jesus forwards I'm going to scream.

I. If any of you are on facebook and haven't added the social moth app you need to, its so much fun. I posted a secret and it got like 25 hearts! I guess I rock.

J. I just downloaded a whole bunch of classical music onto my ipod a few nights ago. Its amazing. I don't know how people don't like classical. There is a website, www.kickassclassical.com, and it shows you all the movies and commercials famous classical songs are in and songs we associate with certain things. Its interesting.

K. I have a low tolerance for people that are interested in things I find no interest in. I have a low tolerance for people who want to talk to me about things I have no interest in. I think I just have a low tolerance for people in general.

And speaking of, Harry Potter, people? Seriously. How old are you? Its fine to like the movies and read the books but seriously! The night that stupid book came out I was on magazine trying to get my drink on and as I was driving home, it looked like Halloween in July as a bunch of freaks running around in caps and witch hats gathered in front of a bunch of different stores. And I am all for being different but come on! That's tragic.

L. And speaking of tragic- Hot Topic. Every time I go into that store the goth in me dies a little. That is appalling. Seriously mainstreaming goth?! No, sir. I don't know what is wrong with kids today but I remember when I was goth we had to search for our clothes, we either made them or hunted through a thrift store. Being goth was expressing yourself through your own uniqueness (just like everybody else). . . just with a lot of black. Now everything you need to freak your parents into thinking you're a vampire is in one store? I understand the whole "making it easier" for people who want to be different- but if you really want to be different how are you going to be with 50 million other people dressing the same way you do?

M. Have I mentioned I love themes?! Omg. I cannot wait to wear my fishnets again for the Rasputina concert! I no longer have a spiked dog collar (oh yea- when I was goth we had to wear actual dog collars from a pet store, not some specially made one you can get from Hot Topic) but I think I'll go subtle and not freak out Fred.

N. I am moving back in with my parents in a few weeks. Now that's going to be fun. Just when I got used to the piece and quiet of living without 5 people and a child. But its only for a month before I move to New York and plus living there will make me want to move even faster and cure any notions of wanting to stay.

O. Speaking of, is it October yet? I am sick of New Orleans heat.

P. Holy Crap. I'm reading some of social moth and this is an amazing quote:
" I've learned that goodbyes will always hurt. pictures will never replace having been there. memories good or bad will bring tears. and words can never replace those feelings"

So True.

Q. Don't be jealous of my yellow stilettos. You just cant pull them off.

R. I want to ballroom dance. I want someone to lead me around a dance floor (ha! who am I kidding? I'm too much of a control freak for that) in a flowy dress and look like Cinderella and Prince Charming at the end of the movie. That just seems so romantic.

S. You know what else is really romantic? Calling someone back when you say you will. Telling them your feelings without the reservation of them not feeling the same way and hugs. Big Bear Hugs. I miss those.

T. When in doubt wear a dress. That is my new motto. Which makes me happy. There are so comfortable, appropriate for every occasion, can be dressed up or down and are simple. Just throw them on and go. Dresses are the new jeans.

U. I love automatic staplers. You know, the ones you just put the corner of the paper in and it staples? And I love the big staple removers, like for really thick papers? That makes me happy.

V. Seriously- how do yall sit there and read this crap? I guess I should be thankful for friends who read my ramblings, welcome to my world. This goes on in my head all the damn time. You're lucky you only have to deal with it randomly.

W. My lower back hurts. Its totally from my boobs. Maybe in a few years I'll make insurance pay for me to get a reduction- Insurance. Oh lawd don't make me go there again.

X. Wendy's has breakfast again. . Just thought you needed to know that.

Y. Do you think if I crawl under my desk and take a nap anyone will notice?

WOW. Some things never change.

7 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

I love looking back at my life, too.

I may be one of the few guys in the world who keeps a regular journal.

Glad to see You like classical music, too.

I proudly keep my Bach CDs right beside my Metallica, Allison Krauss bluegrass and everything else.

I Am Woody said...

I've never seen Edward Scissorhands.

I'm 41 - seems like just yesterday I was 26.

I won't be jealous of your yellow stilettos if you won't be jealous of my pink ones!

What happened to "Z"?

Anonymous said...

I remember reading these new when they were first posted.

Why is it most of the stuff in them still applies? You still have boy issues, you still watch Greek, and you still freak me out on a daily basis.

Consistency is key, I suppose.

Andie said...

I love that you brought back old posts.

and I can teach you how to ballroom dance. Scott & I took lessons in 2006, right before Kelly's wedding.
we know the foxtrot, waltz, chacha and swing. :)

I also know the mambo and merengue.

.Nicotine.Queen. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
.Nicotine.Queen. said...

The sad part is, in the switch over from a PC laptop to a Mac, a lot of my music got lost in translation. I have to go redwnld.

Lori- I AM jealous of your pink ones! Again, in my move from NOLA to NYC, I obviously lost my mind and got rid of them. I wanted to wear them to the SATC premier.

Fred- our 2 year anniversary came and went and neither of us noticed. We'll celebrate at The Melting Pot this weekend.

Andie- Lylas and all, but I want to take the classes with a guy. lol

Unknown said...

Nice....




regards
aegan stills, songs