Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

I forgot to put my watch on this morning.
Let's see how long it takes for my OCD to kick in, ultimately becoming the demise of what little sanity I have left.

I am fanatical about time. Ever since I moved to New York Shitty and having been forced to manage my time around the whims of the MTA moods schedule, I leave at least an hour before. Even if it's a few subways stops- you never know when there is going to be a "sick passenger" or "train traffic" (both I think are myths that MTA conductors make up for their lack of knowledge on how to follow a schedule properly. Obviously it is not in the budget for my $81/ month, along with 8 million other people's, to go towards proper training of employees). I am no longer known for my perpetual tardiness but instead for my neurotic need to be on time- I think the term Time Nazi has been used to describe me at times. Going hand in hand with this is my need to how exactly what time it is at all times. Thus, why not having a watch on today might just crack me.

What a fun little social experiment I have inflicted on myself.

JOY.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you have your blackberry? I'm sure that will tell you what time it is girl !!
Right now it is 9:43 am

#1

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

It's not the same!! It's easier to just look down at my wrist when I check the time ever 10-15 seconds.

Anonymous said...

If only this had been the case when you lived here ... Miss I Take 20 Minutes to Put on My Bra When I get Ready.

Welcome to my world.

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

You do realize I'm going to have to be late for all our dates this weekend b/c you said that.

Anonymous said...

You do realize I will leave your ass behind, right?

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Oh how I love your empty threats. They're kinda sexy. . . ;-)

ewww. I just grossed myself out.

I Am Woody said...

My husband is a time nazi, as well. If he is not 10-15 minutes early, he is late. He even sleeps with his watch on!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I am a time nazi. What can I say.
FYI...its 1:20 p.m Central time.

peace
#2

TTQ said...

my husband bought me a watch for our first Christmas. I think it is in my jewely box, maybe not. Oh I dunno..

PinkPiddyPaws said...

a watch?? really? wow... I haven't had a watch since ...well, forever! I use my cell phone for telling time. yeah, hows THAT for lazy? too lazy to put on a watch that is (technically, I'm just too lazy to replace the darn battery in the watch or buy a new watch).

Good ol' cell phone always has the time! And it updates if I cross time zone. Sweet!

Jen Kucsak said...

Oh you have no idea about MTA messes until you've taken the LIRR. As a Long Islander, delays and cancellations are expected daily. Damn New York Shitty!