Monday, July 7, 2008

Frankly, my dear, I DO give a damn

I love love love it when I see a guy helping a lady up/ down the stairs with something heavy. It makes me smile

Call me sexist, call me un-PC, call me anti-feminist but it's still a form of respect and it makes me miss the south. (The gentlemen down there don't ever bitch or complain about being chivalrous- they were raised right)

And, of fucking course, after witnessing this I had some ahole run me off the sidewalk.

Nice.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

Well, here's one guy who is thrilled to hear that. I fully believe that Woman is the equal of man in every way and then some, that She can do anything and everything that he can do and do it better, except maybe pee standing up, and yet I love the simple joy of being able to show old-fashioned respect for a Woman by giving up my seat, by carrying a load, by opening a door.

It's not out of any foolish notion that Woman is weaker than man. Any man who has spent any amount of time around Woman comes to realize that She is a being of incredible strength.

It's about acknowledging that Woman is something special and wonderful, a sort of natural royalty among humanity, to whom I am happy to offer gestures of respect.

Keeper Of All Things said...

I get a secret thrill when I see the dad pushing the stroller