Monday, July 7, 2008

Red, White and You.

Happy 4th!! (3 days late. . . . )

I had an awesome experience on a rooftop in Brooklyn (just in case you weren't able to sleep not knowing). It involved a stroll through a neighborhood that emulated a ghetto (the fireworks were seriously sounding like gunshots and I was scared for about .5 seconds, for the first time ever in New York), a few too many Ketel Ones (I swore off vodka in high school and therefore blaming that on my inability to measure my tolerance correctly- but hey! There was an open bar- beggars cannot be choosy) and another stroll through Park Slope (which I am referring to as the March of Death. I believe it was 1.5 miles in which my sandals refused to stay on my feet. Damn Steve Madden- it had nothing to do with my intoxicated state I swear). From said rooftop we could see the fireworks (aka my vacation and sick time literally going up in smoke) from the Hudson and others from the other side of Brooklyn.


After passing out at a bar, getting a ride to the subway by a man I had no idea who he was, (but apparently he was friends with a friend I was with- don't freak out and tell my momma) we had a photoshoot while sitting on the subway platform (I am going to justify this that the particular Brooklyn station was impeccably clean) then I passed out fully dressed on my bed. YaY! for Independence from Britain.


My childhood friend from CT came in town to join in the festivities and we spent Saturday in Coney Island. We (being me) decided it would be a GREAT plan to eat a famous Nathan's hotdog (which was actually quite amazing and I didn't puke it up much to the contrary popular belief), ride an f-ing rollercoaster (have I mentioned I hate wooden rollercoasters? And I don't care if the Cyclone does rate on all the top 10 lists! I'm too old for that shit. My neck still hurts) and then rehydrate my drunkenness from the night before with a beer at a sketchy bar (who am I kidding? Sketchy is the only word to describe the entirety of CI) on the boardwalk.
It was totally the hour and a half subway ride.



Even though I am highly aware this sounds like I am bitching, I actually had an amazing highly eventful weekend (which is a good change from all the other ones). The parts I remember anyway.









This bar cracked me up. I wonder if a lifeguard actually sits there?





And this is my scary clown shirt :-) It's a little disturbing but I think that's why I like it so much.

4 comments:

shoeaddict said...

I drank some Abita strawberry beer and it was so good.

The t-shirt is very fucking creepy. I HATE clowns though.

Jen Kucsak said...

Sounds like you had a fun filled weekend. I love your blog. By the way, I linked your blog to mine!

Andie said...

when you read love the one you're with, you'll totally recognize a ton of the places that she goes- especially coney island. :)

I'm glad you had a good time. that's a place in NY I've never been! I have been to the jersey shore, though.

I love me some salt & vinegar fries.

Nathan's hot dogs are GOOD. they don't taste like regular hot dogs. they are more like sausage. good stuff.

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Abita Strawberry! I need to go back to WF when I have money and buy that 6 pack. And I love the scary clown shirt. It's fun and creepy, except was CI is.

Thanks, Jen! You rock too!

I don't want to read love the one you're with- I hate reading about married people (no offense). I can't wait to go back to CI! When you come, we should go!