Thursday, May 22, 2008

Voice of the People.

I don't usually like to talk about work here, because 1. it's boring as fuck 2. I don't feel like getting fired at the moment (talk to me again next month, though).

Anyway, today we had a department meeting and I was reminded again why I get myself in trouble all the time. My passion is directly linked to emotion and that is not always good- especially in professional situations. But I always have a problem keeping my mouth shut. Sometimes I feel like I need to work on being more passive than actually aggressive. When I feel strongly enough about a situation, I don't want to sit around and see what happens, I want to be apart of fixing the problem. I want to brain storm and get others motivated, too. My adrenaline starts pumping and there is no stopping me. I think I have learned to control it throughout the years, but sometimes I just let how I am feeling take over instead of looking at the big picture.

But then after a meeting when you were the one to initiate talking about problems and someone tells you Thank you for bringing the issues to light, it kind of makes you feel good about yourself. And who doesn't like praise?

What is a good career to channel this passion for change?

4 comments:

The Ambiguous Blob said...

change management.
organization development.
or any job at Toyota, where they have perfected the process of continuous improvement.

TTQ said...

professional blogger?

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Tabbie- I have no idea what the hell any of that means.

TTQ- I can't pay the rent doing this and it sucks. oh well.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Well, You ought to feel good about Yourself. You rock!