Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Everyone. Stop what you are doing

and be proud of me.

I just walked to the kitchen with the sole purpose of pouring myself a glass of wine (because dammit, when you are not allowed to drink for 5 days due to a sinus infection, it only makes you want to more) on a Wednesday night and be all adventurous (god. I. am. so. lame.) but poured myself a glass of OJ instead (Vitamin C never hurts, especially with the insane weather).

I am so pathetic, I don't even want to know myself. We need to work on this boring-at-26 bullshit.

But I did do a random act of kindness and I brought all the leftover food I had in my frig (that I would be throwing out in a few days anyway. I don't eat leftovers, with the exception of a few meals, but I always bring the food home and hope someone else would eat it. Damn my grandma and her starving children in China speeches) and I gave it to the homeless man on my corner. He smiled and said "God bless you" and it made me want to take everything out of my kitchen and bring it to him.

My roommates already warned me to stay away from their food.

3 comments:

CarmenSinCity said...

hey - congrats on picking the O.J. instead of the wine - very nice!

Eastcoastdweller said...

Oh, You have a lot of things to be proud of, NQ!

The Ambiguous Blob said...

that's real nice to share your food.
In San Francisco, most of the locals know to take their restaurant leftovers and leave the container next to/ on top of trash cans for the homeless. It makes a lot of sense!