Sunday, May 18, 2008

HOLY FUCK

I am smoking out my window and confined to the island of my bed. Why?

THERE IS A GODDAMN MOUSE IN MY APARTMENT!!!!

I haven't seen it yet (because I wouldn't be typing I would be in cardiac arrest at the moment) but my roommates have (who are respectfully on their couch islands in the living room). We are communicating by screaming to each other. I was peacefully watching the season finale of brothers and sisters when I heard the blood curtling scream. Why didn't I take that tylenol pm again??

I have now closed my door and put a towel down but this means I am stuck because the damn thing ran into the hallway- the only way out.

I think I'm going to cry.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

6 comments:

TTQ said...

And now you know why I won't put compost in the compost tumbler. A rat or rats live in there and Honey thinks it's funny. bastard.

Same with the garage and storage building, except I think those are possums.

If one gets in the house, I'm packing my bags for real. I'll go camp at mom's house, and if she tells me to grow up and deal with it. There are quite a few hotels I wouldn't mind staying at, I think Disney would be appropriate. Mickey being the biggest mouse around and only 45 mins away.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Speaking from experience: Buy one of those round plastic traps where the little thing goes inside and you never see it again.

Mice today have learned to outwit the old-fashioned snap traps. Plus if you actually have a Neanderthal mouse who gets caught in one, you have to look at the little carcass in order to dispose of it.

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

TTQ- You live in Orlando? I used to live there and work in Disney, too.

And when I called friends for support, they asked "Is it Mickey?" Fuckers.

ECD- I am going after work to buy one. . .now the question is where do they sell that kind of shit in the city??

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Okay.. at least tell me that this "mouse" is one of those mutant mice of NYC that so resembles an ROULS (rodent of unusually large size) because if you are seriously hiding out from a common little mouse I'm gonna have to come up there and smack you. ha..ha.ha.. :)

Eastcoastdweller said...

You should be able to buy those at any grocery store for a couple of bucks. Put them in a dark place along the wall or baseboard, where mice tend to run.

Living next to a forest on one side, and a dirty neighbor on the other, Sweetie and I have had to deal with a few mice now and then. She feels exactly as You do about them.

TTQ said...

I live directly east of Mickey's World, which is officially Ron Jon's World. I do my best shopping in Orlando and I have Dr's there too. So I go pretty frequently.