Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Surrounding yourself with great people in life

Is a must and I need to start remembering that.

Sometimes when you graduate from college and you and your friends disburse to opposite ends of the universe, its imperative to keep in contact (I am a terrible friend in that sense).
(And this is where I get on the soap box.)

Because one day you're going to be sitting alone in a big city and have no idea what the hell is going on with you or your life or the world in general and slowly driving yourself crazy. Then in one much needed conversation, it all comes together. You'll remember the person you once were and all the things that made you amazing. You will remember the you that you spent years fighting for. Face to face with that person people love and adore. It might not be an exact replica of the current you, but those good qualities are still there and that's all that matters. I remember the qualities that I once had and I realize I haven't turned into someone I hate.

I am strong. I am passionate. I am smart. I am extremely lucky and fortunate. I am blessed. And being gorgeous doesn't hurt either.

I am goddamn AMAZING.

(Have I mentioned I have some pretty damn amazing friends?)
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

Confidence is beautiful! Those are wonderful things to know about Yourself. And I agree with as many of them as is possible to know through a blog.

Andie said...

Yes you are abby!

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Thanks!
Did I mention this is also one of the many reasons why I love my sorority sisters? I have her to thank for this.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

It's so much fun to catch up with friends from way back. I went to Kindergarten thru 12th grade with pretty much the same group of people and a bunch of us are still pretty close. I don't know what I'd do without them.