Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Spotlight: ME!

Remember my best friend?

She is also my sorority sister and last night we were bitching about our Alum group on FB overflowing our inboxes with useless emails (seriously, take a day to figure out what you want to tell me and put it all in one email. That way I can ignored ONE email instead of getting pissed off about 50 new messages talking about a stupid ornament exchange I will not be participating in- which btw whoever gets excited about an ornament exchange is GAY and in need of a life. No offense to my sisters who read this.). One of the many useless emails happened to be informing us if we want to be featured for the newsletter in the "Alum Spotlight". I was making fun of it, like what would I be spotlighted for? Hi! I'm a 26 year old alum living in New York pretty close to the poverty line and a hop skip and a jump away from being the single crazy cat lady? Or better yet: Hi! Look at me! I'm one of the rare alum who didn't get knocked up out of wedlock and currently lives in a trailer on the outskirts of Natchitoches with my Fort Polk baby daddy? (again, no offense!) In the process of laughing at the recockulousness of it, I realized my friend had sent them an email telling the group what she was up to (which happens to be good stuff- like she recently got married and is about to get her Masters in Psychology. Things I would be proud of, too) and because I made fun of her, she decided to take it upon herself and send my spotlight in. This is what was in my inbox this morning:

Here is what I sent... non-knocked up reference and all... I love
you!!

I would like to send info on featuring [NQ] in the alumni section of the news letter.[NQ], who graduated in 2005 (I actually graduated in 2004) from NSU now lives in New York, walks the streets of NYC like "Carrie" from Sex in the City. She lives on _______ street, a very posh Puerto Rican neighborhood where the pharmacists are very friendly. I know because I stayed there in October with my new hubby. She works for ______ (the people who put on that rockin' parade on Thanksgiving!) and is two steps from taking over her department. She also has a natural double D cup size, which is a feat in itself. Not only is she a New York City rockstar, but she is sexy too! Anyway, the facts listed above, and the fact that is has never been pregnant or arrested should TOTALLY put her in for the spotlight.

P.S. She is going to kill me for sending this, but she is the coolest, most successful, hottest best friend a girl could ask for. She is the ultimate representation of AOII alumni and everyone should strive for her level of awesomeness.

Loves,
Cassi

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, when Cassi is right, she's right. That master's degree is paying off.

Puerto Rican Pharmasists and your Double D cups ... man, I can't wait to get to NYC tomorrow. I miss that city!

And wait, you've never been arrested? We need to fix that...

LuLu said...

What an awesome friend! That's the thing, our friends (sometimes family) always see the best in us even when we can't. And vice versa...

Sarah said...

Holyshit.

My freshmen dormmate was an AOII (NSU/Scholar's class of 01), and is living with her 3rd Ft. Polk boyfriend in a trailer park and expecting kid #2.

You nailed that in a creepy kinda way....

Unknown said...

getting/knocking people up out of wedlock is the COOLEST!!

you're just jealous that you don't have any precious little mistakes of your own.

Andie said...

you kill me. and you know why. I was thinking similar things, actually about all of the emails! LOL

Secret Life of a Fat Girl said...

ROFLMAO!!!!! ok i like the ornmaent exchange biyatch! but you crack me up and kudos to cassi for sending your ass in! ;)

Eastcoastdweller said...

She was joking about the friendly pharmacists and the posh neighborhood, right?

But we all do agree that You are indeed one sexy Lady!