Friday, June 27, 2008

money makes the world go round.



I hate being poor.
I think this is the first time in my life, it's actually effected me. (Note to parents: As much as you want to and are able to, do not spoil your children. It teaches them nothing and only delays the inevitable- a 26 year old unable to manage her money dreaming of a Prince Charming to come take care of her financially the way her parents do which is impossible.)
I know I moved to one of the most expensive cities in the country and I know I took a pay cut to get into the industry (I thought) I wanted to be in, but that still doesn't make me feel better when I have to dip into savings to pay rent this month, but I just bought more clothes I don't need, 5 books I could have checked out at the library (it was in the name of research!) and makeup that I will hardly ever wear.

And to top it all off, I am turning into a bitter old hag. UGH! Pity, party of one.

Maybe bangs will help. I think I can rock bangs :-)

7 comments:

Holy Crappers said...

At least you have your blog, that's free

#1

shoeaddict said...

I 100% agree with that warning to parents. It's a loooong way down.

I feel bad because you bought makeup, but looking at the pic of you with Andie, you could totally rock bangs.

kolls said...

I can't even tell you how much the last sentence cracked me up. Also, so true.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Yes, You could rock bangs. You could rock anything, methinks.

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

shoeaddict- did you put a gun to my head? NO. Dont worry. I'm fine. It came in the mail today and fuck me if the damn shit wasn't broken! I had to go to the Sephora down the street and exchange.

And seeing as the census is in- I will be sporting bangs at the end of this month!

Anonymous said...

Same boat here. Only I found who I thought was Prince Charming... but no.

Financially able to do what I want now, yes.

Happy, no.

Swear to God, I'd rather be poor and happy. No shit.

Andie said...

the first couple of lines of advice are very smart and wise...

Don't worry, you'll catch up. But just remember, the more you make... the more you spend....