Sunday, June 15, 2008

I can see your future

Today after hanging out with my roommate's family on the Upper West Side (there is a Crocs store! And they make heels now! You bet your ass when I get some moneys I will be buying them!) I decided to go to one of the many street fairs they have all over the city throughout the weekends (this one happened to be in midtown on 6th Ave). I wanted to get a cute and unique graduation gift for a family friend.

Anyway, I found a gift- along with a few cute things for me- and as I was walking around a lady stopped me and said something so personal about me, I froze. I looked at the booth she was standing in front of, and (of course) it was a fortune teller. I really didn't have the money for a reading and I generally don't put much faith in that (it's usually just for fun) but what she said really got to me. So I sat down and had a few more things said that was quite shocking and then I walked off, a little lightheaded and a lot motivated.

No, I'm not telling you what she said, because in all honesty, I am very insecure in what my actual dream in life is and I don't feel like hearing the criticism (especially when I get it from myself daily) but of course she also added in there when I will meet my soulmate because apparently he is looking for me, too. (I'm telling you- My Prince Charming must be too stubborn to ask for directions) (which I should meet him in about 6 weeks. . . not so bad after waiting 26 effin years!) and that I will live a long healthy life and die from natural causes (good to know! I guess I won't be quitting smoking anytime soon!) and of course the stuff general enough that anyone could apply to themselves- I am determined, stubborn and don't like people to know I'm lonely.

We'll see. . .

6 comments:

kolls said...

Oh man, psychics freak me out after the one time I went to one of those $5 readings in Times Square. EVERYTHING has come true so far, and not even like, "you will gain five pounds, ooooooooo" but like, initials and specific events. So crazy.

Tabbie. Like Cabbie, with a T. said...

That always freaks me out- in a good way. These people either have mad talent or mind control down.

Andie said...

I got a reading the first time I went to NY.

She was so off. LOL

I saw SATC this weekend, and the whole time, I couldn't help but thing of you. :)

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Traci- I need to go to yours! This chick wanted to charge me $40, but I guess hearing your future would be worth it.

Tabbie- I so hear you on that.

Andie- If I wanted to get my fortune read, I would stick to the ones in the French Quarter. . and I wish SATC was me! Where are MY fucking Manolos and MY Mr. Big?!

Eastcoastdweller said...

May it be so!

May You have a long and a healthy life, in the manner of Lauren Bacall and Bette Davis, continuing to be both beautiful and a Nicotine Queen indeed.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Cancer count as a natural cause?