Thursday, June 5, 2008

Working to live

not living to work is so much fun.

I just noticed I'm (pretty much) the one in the office that takes off of work for fun things. (going to the lottery for Broadway plays, premieres. . . .and today I went to a private concert with Katy Perry at Planet Hollywood during lunch today. She is totally rocking my socks) Life is so much better when work doesn't get in the way.

I just booked 4 flights all going back to the NOLA from now until October. But don't get too excited those in the durty durty, all of those trips are for specific missions (visit my daddy, a bachelorette party, a wedding) but I will be going home for an entire EIGHT days for Christmas. Just thinking about it makes me happy.

Apparently summer in New York = obnoxious amount of concerts. I have already bought my tickets for Natasha Beddingfield/ The Veronicas/ Kate Voegele and then The Pink Spiders headlining tour. I'm eyeing tickets for the Good Charlotte/ Boys like Girls and Paramore concerts. That isn't including the 40 page list of free concerts and festivals in the recockulous amount of parks all over the five boroughs. I can't keep up and if I try I will give myself a panic attack.

Anywooooooo. . . one of my favorite people in the world will be here in less than 12 hours and I can't wait to play! Apparently I am not the only lonely lost New Orleanian soul. Adventures always ensue when we get together. The last time we were in New York together we spent a night bonding with our swollen feet in the air, chain smoking out our hotel window and bitching about the recockulousness of the size of our hotel (a closet), the amount of walking we had done and the New York attitude. He's the male version of me. What could be better?

3 comments:

Andie said...

is it who i think it is?

have fun!!!

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

I don't know! I don't think so. It's a friend from NOLA who currently lives in Baltimore.

Andie said...

oh, I thought it was A! LOL

oh well.

I'm trying to figure out if I could make it up there. :)