Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's in the water.

Four- count them, FOUR- people in my office are pregnant (not to mention to various sorority sisters popping them out). And they are due around the same time. It was kind of cute when it was just one and everyone fawned over her, because she is the first of our little "work clique" to have a child and I don't know, people (especially women) get off to that shit (Ok. I will admit I did get like that once, when it was my sister). I have a feeling in a few months time, it's not going to be so cute.
1. I need to find a new job BEFORE the maternity leave kicks in because no way in hell am I dealing with that mess and
2. I need to stay clear of the goddamn water.

side note: I don't hate pregnant people or children (well. . . . yes, I do hate children, except my nieces :-) I'm just so not in the right mind to be thinking about having kids. I am not ready in any possible sense of the word, but one day when I am happily married I would love to have a baby bump and spend nine months having yet another reason why people should always dote over me and validation to have violent mood swings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run fast.
Four preggo's in the same office? Good Lord...the hormones will be a flying.

Better you than me LOL


pece
#2

Holy Crappers said...

I say don't worry about the water, think about all the gifts you are going to have to purchase!!

#1

Andie said...

abs, I'm at that age when my clock is supposed to be ticking.. and well, let's just say... it's not.

so I hear ya!!!