Friday, June 20, 2008

To write love on her arms.

I know I am being highly prolific today, but what can I say? When inspiration hits, it hits.

A friend introduced me to this amazing non-profit that I feel needs to be shared with everyone. To write love on her arms. Please go to their site or their myspace and check them out. "It speaks volumes of hope for the discouraged"- her words not mine and I couldn't think of any other way to describe it.

I know depression and suicidal thoughts haunt some of us more than others. Most of us are lucky enough to be surrounded with family and friends who support and love us through the good and the bad, but it isn't the case for everyone. To be in such a scary place without that support- I personally cannot imagine and would not wish that on my worse enemy.

Not many people know about my past and my high school years, but they weren't pretty. I don't want to go into too much detail, but I am a recovering cutter and everyday it's hard not to pick up a razor. I spent years holding on to it, in my purse, just in case I needed (kind of like an ex-smoker has a hidden stash just in case?). Luckily, I got through it with the help of family and friends without which I don't know what I would be today. I understand, I've been there. Any help I can provide to someone in the throws of it, I would be more than willing to do and I hope you feel the same way.

Plus, the merch is super cute!




Nobody's Home
By Avril Lavigne
Best Video Codes

1 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

NQ, I am so glad that You made it through those years. Now You can empathize with others who are still struggling.

You are a bright light in Gotham (or maybe that's just Your cigarette cherry.)