Thursday, June 12, 2008

I [heart] NY

So in an effort to learn to love this place I am living in, instead of a weekly random thoughts entry (which I hardly ever do anymore anyway), I will do a "I [heart] NY" entry and try to think of as many things as I can about why I love it here. . . . and maybe, just maybe, it will start to feel more like a home.

So let's get started:

1. I can buy really cute clothes in random places (i.e. Port Authority, inside the subway station, street festivals, etc.) Which I totally did last night! omg. The sundresses are adorable!!

2. On that note, I can do random things like go to a Bowling Alley/ Bar/ Nightclub in the middle of Port Authority. Again, which I totally did last night. I don't know why we frequent that bowling alley so much, we never bowl.

3. I can have my groceries delivered to my apartment. which I need to order desperately. . . if I had money!

4. I can learn a different language just by opening my window and listening (in case I ever wanted to learn a different language, which I don't) (ok. this can also be a con, especially when said language speakers are speaking wayyy past my bedtime)

5. I can walk to one of the prettiest oldest parks in Manhattan, Fort Tryon Park. I will make a whole entry about this, because it was amazing.

6. It's June and I am still wearing a pashmina. Once that recockulous heat wave left, the weather went back to being gorgeous. Not so hot you want to kill yourself, but cool enough to rock a scarf and get away with it.

7. Eye Candy on the train. Granted, I personally think this city has a hot boy draught (I know many will beg to differ- but remember I don't even look at them unless they are taller than 6'2) and it's always fun to have a random attractive male riding in your subway car giving you something to look forward to when the commute is taking forever.

I know it's a short list, but I have to save some for next week!

3 comments:

Tabbie. Like Cabbie, with a T. said...

Hmmm... I don't even know what a pashmina is. I assume it's a type of scarf- not something we Californians are very familiar with.

Andie said...

I want a sundress from NY! LOL

hey- guess what...

I *might* be up there in October!

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Tabbie- it is like a scarf/ shawl and it's the greatest thing ever invented. I first found out about them when I was in London and now that I live in NY, they are everywhere!

Andie- If you come, I have a lot of awesome stores with cute clothes for cheap to show you and it does not include the fucking anxiety ridden Century 21!