Monday, June 16, 2008

Go Speed Dater.


What did I do on Friday night? I went on 20 dates.
yep.

I sped dated. And when they say speed, they weren't playing around. We decided to attend the "Meet everyone in the room" event, which consists of 20 or so 3minute dates. The first half of the event, the girls stayed seated and the guys rotated. Then there was a 15 minute break for drink replenishing, snacks and mingling (I did none of the above. After about 10 dates and 2 glasses of wine, I need a cigarette or three!). The second half the girls rotated and that part sucked. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into and just hoped it was a little better than what I had seen on various TV shows/ movies.

I can safely say my friend and I were the hottest females in the room and luckily I didn't meet any of the unfortunates and socially retarded until the second half when I was completely wasted (drinking on an empty stomach while trying not to look like a lush just doesn't work- which is probably why my #1 guy didn't pick me!) which was good, because during the break I probably would have high tailed it out of there. And giving me alcohol is not always a good thing seeing as I speak my mind already, and with the help of alcohol, I really don't filter.

There were a few characters who stood out, though. The Southern Charmer who seemed too cocky for his own good, The professional who does this every weekend and the guy who I swear got speed (the quickness of the date) and speed (the drug) mixed up. There was a guy who reminded me of Mr. Big and a few that reminded me of Taj from Van Wilder.

But it was worth the experience, I suggest it to anyone wanting to have fun (taking it too seriously makes you look like a loser) and practice flirting (that was my favorite part! It felt like forever since I did that!).

I selected 6 of the 20 guys I met (which was really hard to decide on, because I kept putting "maybe" on the sheet and forgetting why. 3 minutes is just not long enough and I'll admit I was being too nice.) and I got 3 matches and I have already exchanged emails with one (who we happened to run into afterwards and saw me in the epitome of my drunkenness and he still picked me, which I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet). . . . so more later!

5 comments:

Tabbie. Like Cabbie, with a T. said...

I've thought about doing the speed dating, but that's as far as it got. It just doesn't seem like enough time for serious information flow.

TTQ said...

i wonder if coke snorters developed the idea.. 3 imns is about all they can handle, before going on to the next person..

Just sayin

Andie said...

I almost want to come up there and do this just to see if men still find me desirable. LOL

Eastcoastdweller said...

Of course You were at the top of the hottest list, for anyone who hasn't spent time staring at the sun too long.

Those lucky guys, to bask in Your resplendent presence!

Sounds like a crazy, fun evening.

Jen Kucsak said...

LOL I went speed dating once, and that sounds exactly right!