Thursday, June 19, 2008

I [heart] NY

1. I can go to any major city in the northeast for a bus fare less than $50. Next weekend my law school GBF and I will be continuing our adventures through the northeast (we have played in Baltimore and New York, our respective cities, only and we planned on traveling all over months ago, sad really) to DC next weekend (Originally we were going to play in Atlantic City, but my wardrobe isn't ready for Jersey yet)

2. New York City has the best filtration system in the country- or so I've heard. And I am a water addict, so good tap water is always a plus.

3. There is always a new fun store to go play in. I'm going to go to Soho (that's a LOT lower than 14th St., I know. I'm getting rebellious) this weekend and check out this Forever 21-esque boutique.

4. Chipotle. I know it's not a New York thing, but I can't get it in New Orleans, so I'm counting it. It's the most addicting Mexican(ish) food I've ever eaten. I will walk avenues and stand in line for this stuff, and that says something.

5. Chipotle and Bryant Park. Both are extremely close to my office and getting a steak burrito and catching up with an old friend in Bryant Park with good weather was one of the highlights of my week. I normally don't like to eat outside because I hate smelling like outside, but it was so worth it. Plus, this summer the park is having a film festival during the summer where you can watch movies in the park. That is totally amazing perfect date material.

1 comments:

Andie said...

there are TONS of cute boutiques in Soho. Have fun shopping. There is a little H&M down there, too.

Hell, if you're going to Soho, you should go down a few more stops to Little Italy and grab yourself some goodies from Ferrara's and then walk up to Soho (right up the road!!!) and save them for when you get to Washing ton Square park and eat them by the big arch. :)

or you could eat it all at Ferrara's. :)

they have the best little chocolate ganache thingies ever.

email me and I'll give you directions to Ferrara's and Soho and what train to take and all... :)