Thursday, November 20, 2008

And so it begins.

Today is the first official day of the holiday season. My roommie flew home for her 2 week Thanksgiving Extravaganza and tomorrow I will have visitors for a week. Thanksgiving will be here before I know it. Since I hear you aren't truly an adult until you cook a Turkey for Thanksgiving, that's what we are going to do at Apt. 3B and after dinner, we are going to watch Christmas movies- starting with Love Actually. I feel like if I blink it's going to be Jan.5 and all the excitement is going to have flown by. I'm not ready!

Can you keep a secret? I'm reallyyyy excited about the holidays this year. I know it's hard to believe with what a Grinch I was last year, but it wasn't my fault! I wasn't going home for Christmas for the first time ever and it made me sad. the only way to get through it was to boycott the entire season. But this year? It is so on. I still do not wish for snow (sorry. You won't have to trudge through it like I will) and I adamantly refuse to go ice skating (again, I am deathly afraid of falling) but I will be looking forward to the decoration and the spirit in puts everyone in. I even downloaded 50 Christmas songs and put them in a playlist (appropriately named SMILINGS MY FAVORITE- 10 points to whoever gets that reference). It's just itching to get put onto my ipod but I am trying to hold out until December.

What's your favorite Christmas song?
This is mine (For those without video access, it's Carol of the Bells The Trans Siberian Orchestra and Metallica version). Enjoy!

6 comments:

iTeresa said...

hmm Elf quotes? Interesting, I came across your blog, very cool....

What we four say said...

thanks for stopping by! Happy holidays! I did love that scene in tank girl that you mentioned. It was fairly hard to find good pictures of the movie. I guess I should have just taken them off the screen with my camera.

LuLu said...

I have to my favorite is "Rocking Around The Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee! It was on Home Alone! LOVE IT!! This Christmas is a special one for me. The last one (at least for a while) at home before I move. So sad but I'm so excited!

PinkPiddyPaws said...

I like the Hershey commercial with the ringing kisses. :)

Andie said...

My favorite christmas song: baby its cold outside.

and .... hey, if you dont' have the space for a whole turkey in your oven... you should totally do turkey breasts instead. they are half the time, half the work, and it's the same. Unless everyone you know loves dark meat, doing turkey breasts are way better! they take 30 minutes over the 3 hours of baking a whole turkey!

just sayin... I have some yummy, easy recipes in case you are interested.

Anonymous said...

my favorite will always be vince vance's "all i want for christmas is you" or benny grunch and the bunch's "santa, i've been bad all year"

i know these aren't traditional and also they are VERY new orleans, but i'm from new orleans, so that makes it ok....right?