Wednesday, September 19, 2007

words of advice

Do not call a law firm and tell them your life story hoping from your 5 minute ramble they will be able to find some sort of lawsuit for you to pursue. Especially, if you don’t even know what type of case you have or much less the type of law the firm you have called practices. Because I am going to tell you “Sorry! Im just the receptionist! Let me connect you to our office manager’s voicemail”. And when you don’t get called back, then you’ll know why!

Because you’re an idiot!


I just got accosted via telephone by someone who wouldn't shut up long enough for me to tell her we didn't even practice the type of law she needed, so I let her talk and continued a conversation through im until she had a pause- which was a good 5 minutes. Why in the world would she assume the person who answers the phone has a law degree? Even then! We aren't even a plaintiff firm! All I got from her rant was "taking money out of my check", "10 dependants", "sexual harassment", "fired" and "H&R Block".
seriously?!

1 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

Who are these people and do any of them have jobs? I get them in my line of work, calling up to babble or to scream at me, revealing the depths of their stupidity more intensively with each passing moment.

Some fool, for example, keeps calling my office to rant and rave about being called by our automated Emergency Alert System. But the moron never leaves me his number,so I can't id it as incorrect and remove it.

So he keeps calling and swearing and getting absolutely nowhere.