Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New Orleans Photography

I sit here bored out of my skull with the only relief being my trusty ipod (Thanx again Freddie!)- yes. I am manning the front desk. I am holding down the fort from evil doers and dumb phone calls. And I totally have to pee but I am not allowed to leave this chair.

I have decided sometime this weekend Im going to play in The Quarter. I want to go around and take pictures of the city before I go. I have this really cute idea on how I want to decorate my apartment in New York and I want it to be New Orleans themed- well subtly. No purple, green and gold, please. Only natives think those colors go together. And definitely no black and gold and HELL NO to purple and gold. So anyway.

I think I need to get organized on what I want to take pictures of. I mainly want to do bars but other landmarks would be fine- but landmarks that mean something to locals and me. This is what I have so far:

Uptown:
F&Ms (of course)
Grits
Dos Jefes
The BullDog
One of the Graveyards
The Streetcar

Downtown:
French market
Cafe DuMonde
Cat's Meow
A few of the famous restaurants

There are a lot of other places, too. I need to make a list so I don't forget but I cant think right now. I have to pee too bad. Any suggestions??

Things I also need to do before I leave:
- Go on a haunted tour of the city ( I totally want to be an obnoxious tourist for a day!)
- Go to Metro 3 on Magazine and get a "tchoupitoulas" shirt.
-There was one more thing, but I HAVE TO PEE!!

4 comments:

Andie said...

more pictures:

French Market Arch
Cemetery
Commander's Palace
Pat O's Sign

I can help you with some of this if you want! :)

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

I would LOVE my personal shopper to help me with this! And then I can recruit you to be my personal photographer too!!

LoL!

Eastcoastdweller said...

Those will make some special memories. I hope that You posted them somewhere on this blog -- with labels, for those of us who have never been to the Big Easy.

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

I have not posted the pics. . .thats a good idea!