Thursday, September 13, 2007

My "two" weeks notice.

I am shocked, amused and in awe as so how smooth giving my 2 weeks notice was. The OM was so excited for me and so supportive! I am seriously going to miss working here, even though it hasn't been that longer. She even wrote the nicest email to everyone in the firm letting them know about my situation. (see below). And everyone has come to talked to me about it. They're all so excited and happy for me. Its amazing!!

I feel like 1,000 pounds has been lifted from my shoulders.

This is the email:

I am sorry to say that [NQ] has decided to move to New York and her last day with us will be Friday, September 21st. We had big plans for [NQ] here. She was going to be an overflow secretary for the firm and fill in when help was needed. All of the secretaries were so excited that we were going to have an extra set of hands to help. [NQ] is very sad about leaving us, but when an opportunity comes to seek a dream you must take it. We wish [NQ] the very best in New York!

We are still going to have an overflow secretary, because we need the help. If anyone knows of a secretary who would be interested in working with us, please let me know.


So, if anyone is looking to make a change, this firm is amazing in every way!

5 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

What a sweet thing She did ... Abby.

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Thanks- And thanks. I edited the post.

Eastcoastdweller said...

But You should probably edit/delete Your name out of my post as well! No worries -- I won't ever use it witout Your permission.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Not my post, my comment. Sorry.

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

No biggie.
It's peppered all over my blog and Im over it.