Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My first blog on blogspot. . .YaY!

Ok. . .so I can't think of anything new to say at the moment considering I just posted a new blog on myspace so I will recycle. and add that the shirt I am wearing reminds me of a circus tent.

Driving last night to go buy some cigarettes, I made a few observations:
Toyota Echoes:

It is required to be a Jesus Freak and have the "Jesus" fish on the back of the car. (Maybe they come standard when you buy one? I guess its to make you feel better for only buy half of a car, or maybe you need Jesus to watch over you b/c Im sure that thing squashes like an aluminum can in an accident)

They are strategically placed to piss me off the entire 0.8 miles to the gas station (did you not just read I was going to buy cigarettes, which means I was out of nicotine and pissing me off during that time is generally a death wish?) Clearly, I realize the Jesus fish is there to protect them from ME, the crazed Nicotine Queen.

TV sitcoms/ Romantic Comedies

I am a suck for these- a sucker I tell you. I cheer, I cry, I beat the crap out of the unlucky soul who is sitting next to me and I live vicariously through these characters for two hours. Then I join reality and get depressed. WHY (in that wonderful dinosaur noise Cassi loves) can't I have a relationship like that? I am saddened and I came to the realization that these are the reasons why I am perpetually single (which I don't like whining about b/c I generally like singledom, but here me out). For those of us with an overactive imagination and an addiction to TV shows with romantic plots in them(or romantic comedies), it is inevitable we are going to fail in relationships. Rather, relationships are going to fail us. No relationship is ever going to compare with those of fictional characters made up purely for entertainment value. Which is not fair. Where are all the Dawsons and Paceys in the world? Paging Dr. McDreamy, where are you? See, and its not fair to us. It is not fair to compare a real live man with these expectations. He is doomed to fail. Ever noticed its not ok for a woman to be single? Even in Sex and The City, Carrie is always with a new guy and the only one not wanting a relationship is labeled a slut. What kind of society are we living in? And then you have all these women wondering why they are single in their 30s, and here it is, I will tell you, because society has brainwashed you into waiting for that imaginary Knight in Shining Armor and not to settle for less. Well, shit. I should be a therapist.

Sorry, I went on that tangent. I am getting help for that, and hopefully by 2050 I will be in a stable relationship that is not with my shoes.

And.


that.


is.


all.


for.


now.




Can I borrow some dental floss? I promise not to give it back- quoted from my office about 5 minutes ago. Made me laugh.

1 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

So this is Your first post!

It's interesting to dig back to the beginnings of blogs and see how they evolve.

You have a great blog -- witty and irreverent. Lots of fun.

Speaking of the topic of this post, only a fool gets in the way of a Woman and Her cigarettes. I thought everybody knew that!