Monday, August 27, 2007

missed connection?

So for those that do not know, I have an small obsession with the missed connections section on craigslist. Normally I think they are so cute and romantic and one day hope someone write one about me (but seeing as most of the missed connections come from people in Whole Foods, which is a trend I refuse to give in to and Bridge Lounge which is wayy too pet friendly for me- I doubt it will ever happen). I had been neglecting my little obsession and stumbled across it today. I picked out my favorites to share.
Either these people are mocking missed connections which truly shows how non-romantic the world has become or they really need to work on their courting skills, but either way, I found it quite comical.

HAIRY GORILLA AT CHINESE BUFFET - m4w - 30
________________________________________
Reply to: pers-405537599@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-08-25, 2:41AM CDT


I stood there in awe.. gazing at your sheer beauty.. broad shoulders, beautiful eyes, pucked lips, knitted sweater - WAIT, THAT WASN'T A SWEATER, THAT WAS YOUR HAIRY BACK !!! Baby I want you, I need you - ive got a banana tree in my backyard, which means you and I need to go camping in the garden!
email me, I long for you, especially since winter is on its way


Rat Girl - m4w - 26
________________________________________
Reply to: pers-404607836@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-08-23, 10:37PM CDT


I saw you jumping over a dead rat in the street in front of Jax's. The way you hurdled the rat and the way the wind blew your hair was breath taking. I was walking towards you wearing a neat-o outfit.


I'm so sorry - m4w - 19
________________________________________
Reply to: pers-398129795@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-08-15, 9:22PM CDT


Why wouldn't you let me make you the queen to my king of magazine street? I saw you tonight on my street with some jackoff. Whats he, the king of Veterans Blvd?


Vomit in the Park - m4w - 25
________________________________________
Reply to: pers-387084391@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-08-01, 3:51PM CDT


I was running in the park and pushed myself a little too hard. I threw up my lunch in front of you, and by the look on your face, it probably ruined your workout...maybe even your day. My bad. I said, “Don’t worry...it was just a banana...I’ve got a bunch of them at home.” I don’t think you got the joke. If you figured it out on your run or your ride home, drop me a line and I’ll make it up to you.

1 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

It appeareth that some of these may possibly have been submitted as laugh-getters.

Or maybe there really are people like that in the world.

And yes, Nicotine Queen, I AM trying to read every post on Your blog. It's just too much fun of a blog to have any sad little "zero comments" languishing.

Granted, it will take a while, as You are a prolific writer and I have other great blog friends, too, who don't deserve to be neglected, as well as a full, non-cyber life.

But I like setting myself challenging goals and we'll see if I can meet this one!