Friday, August 24, 2007

Can I have a Valium? I have a cold. I think.

I keep telling the receptionist at work instead of Tylenol and Advil in the supply closet we need percocets and valiums. I mean who needs antacids anyway? (well, actually I did yesterday. I've never had indigestion before in my life- I didn't even know how to spell it!- god I'm getting old). Seriously, if I were to continue to pursue a career in this field I would need something much strong, like a lobotomy.

So I did it. I sent my letter to anysoldier.com (well actually I got an address and mailed it to the base, stood in line forever and found out mailing it was only $.75, which rocks because I thought my measly little letter was going to cost an arm and a leg but since it goes to the base then to wherever they are it was cheap). I suggest everyone get a pen pal in the military, hopefully this will be fun and someone will write me back thinking I’m witty and fun. Hopefully he is at least 6’2, single and independently wealthy. LoL.

Health Update: I feel like poo.
Everyone in the office is sick, so of course germs flock to me knowing I have Lysoled my desk, a economy sized bottle of Purel and hand wipes. I think it’s a game, survival of the fittest and let me tell you, modern crap that is supposed to protect you from these colds and allergies do not work.
My head feels like a brick and everything tastes like snot. ewwww.

Today is Friday and all I want to do is crawl up in the bed. This adult world has ruined the weekend. I’m so pumped all week for it, but once it gets here all I want to do is rest up, then on Monday I am saddened by the fact I did not have crazy debaucherized fun and I’m pumped for the next weekend to make up for it, and the vicious cycle continues.
Getting older sucks.

2 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

Writing to a soldier -- what an awesome thing to do!

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Yea, the soldier thing was fun, but then I started moving and I think I lost contact with him.
Thanks for reminding I need to keep up with it!