Tuesday, October 23, 2007

a very spaced out blog with no point

My eyeballs hurt. My brain is all mushy and I feel like I'm swimming. Have I mentioned I hate numbers? Have I also mentioned that the majority of my job deals with numbers? (Like 165% of it). I know I'm only on day 2 and of course its going to be frustrating and overwhelming. Why can I just aspire to be a damn receptionist? (I actually aspire to be a professional trophy wife but until that man comes along I have to do something to pay the bills) My head hurts. I feel like I never get enough sleep but I must not revert back to doing nothing.
Ok. I think I'm done.

I got really drunk for the first time since I've been here and that made me happy. before this weekend, I felt like all I was doing was wasting money on 10$ drinks and ending up walking my slightly buzzed self sober. But Saturday night I succeed in drinking my ass off and staying that way well into the morning. Then I proceeded to wake up, do laundry and have a fantastic day with myself in Washington Square Park. I'm reading this book that I am absolutely in love with ("The Time Traveler's Wife"- amazing!) and I'm starting to get back my sense of self.

I work around the block from Bryant Park, which makes me so happy. Parks are my thing right now. I don't know, but don't get too used to it. I'm sure its just another Abby-phaze which will only last a few months (or long enough til the winter comes). I need to get my happy ass off this couch and go grocery shopping.

I have also noticed New Yorkers like to go on strike a lot. I don't get it. I thought that shit ended in the 20s (kinda like all the racism crap on the news, too.) From the cab drivers to the hotel workers to friggin Broadway (literally!) I can't keep up with who is holding the signs.

I have also noticed my hatred for tourist has not gotten lost since I've been here. I want to strangle them a little less than I did in New Orleans, but at least here I can "accidentally" hit them with my purse or step on their heels and do it without the fake southern charm.

And I bought a web cam so I can talk to my family at home but I have no idea what program to use with it. Anyone wanna help me out?

And this is the end of a very spaced out blog with no point.

1 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

Can't help You with the web cam. Too bad. It would be awesome to see some vids of You taking out aggression on moronic tourists -- slyly crunching a few toes or purse-punching a few kidneys.