Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Greetings from Cloud 9!

Yup. That's right. Check out the new Merchandising Assistant for Macys.com! How excited am I? Holy Crap! This was the first interview I've been on (not including to meet with temp agencies) and I really didn't know what I was getting myself into. The only bummer is this is an entry level position (which means entry level pay) but it is also the fast track to getting into the industry, so no complaints from me! I will be working in Time Square, which sucks but at the same time is amazing!
And tomorrow I am doing a temp job at some big brokers firm where my recruiter told me I need to find my husband. . . a perfect job AND a perfect potential husband all in the same 24 hours? Impossible but let's hope for the best!

And I forgot the best news ever: I MET TORI F.N. AMoS!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I met that angel that happens to be walking the earth AND she is as amazing in person. Let me tell you about this experience. So, I've always heard she did meet-n-greets outside of the arena that she is having her concert about 4ish hours prior to the concert that night, but I have never been able to go. So, last Thursday I traveled to Madison Square Garden around 3pm just to see. Well, that day God happened to open the sky and let the Mother of all rainstorms happen right then. A very nice usher happened to tell me that Tori would probably be going in through the employee entrance and she directed me to the green awning. But as I contemplated walking around the monstrosity of a building in the pouring down rain I did not know if it was worth getting soaked in the off chance that she would be there. I of course contemplated over a cigarette then said fuck it and walked around the building, and thank goodness I did. There was a small group of people by the awning and I asked them if this is where the meet-n-greet was happening and then then put me in line and parted and I saw Tori was already there! Two extremely sweet guys realized it was my first time meeting her and let me go ahead of them. I'm not sure exactly what I said when I got up there but I do remember asking her to play Crucify (the last concert I went to she didn't and it has scarred me ever since). Seeing as she already had a palmful of requests, I didn't think she would (But to my surprise she did! and then I cried). It had to have been the best night of my life. The concert was amazing and something special to me that I won't ever forget.


So I don't think I can top that ever. But living in this city has made me so happy, thus far. It's amazing all the things a properly functioning city has to offer. Lately I've been hanging out in The Parks. It's becoming my favorite thing to do- that and seeing a Broadway play for 20 bucks! Everyday I realize how blessed I am to be here.

8 comments:

Andie said...

awww I'm so glad you're so happy!!! Congrats!

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Thanks! You should really come visit!

******* said...

Congrats on you meeting her. But what's up with the hair? Is that a halloween wig or what? Having red hair, even bright red hair, is fine, but that's a bit much. Otherwise she's great.

Andie said...

well, let me save up a chunk of $$$ and I'll come up there.

I just got home from vegas, though... so I'll have to save for a while. LOL

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

For this album, she wears 5 different wigs for the 5 different "personalities" she portrays through her music. Check out toriamos.com, it will explain more.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Wow, what a reward for my earnest attempt to catch up in Your blog. I finally get to see a photo of the one and only Nicotine Queen.

About fell out of my chair.

You are one incredibly beautiful Woman. Incredibly, incredibly, delightful, dark-hairedly, great-complexiony, perfect features-y beautiful.

A Queen indeed, with or without the nicotine.

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

awww!
You're making me blush!

Eastcoastdweller said...

It's simple truth.

My Sweetie knows that I adore Her rich, dark hair -- although I would love Her just as much if it all fell out or She fulfilled some vow to shave Her head.

We watched the Miss USA pageant the other week and booed the boring blondes.