Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Munny Craze.

Am I the last person to know about this? I see these things everywhere but I had no idea what they were about. I didn't even know what the hell kidrobot was either. The things you learn in school, people. 


So apparently Dunnys are super popular little figurines, too. They come out in series, artists create, you can buy for $2-$8 and people collect them. The catch is when you buy it you have no idea which doll in the collection you're going to get. Genius, right? Something else useless I can spend my money on.

During our weekly class field trip we were walking around Soho (where I saw Bradley Cooper. .. . I know, right?! He looks super old IRL, btw) and went into the Kidrobot store. We found out that they were having a release party tonight for the Dunny 2009 series. So we stayed to see what it was all about. I got schooled on everything by a 4th grader (who had an iphone, btw. Holy Shit. I'm 27 and I don't even have one!) and felt really old. It was cool because at the party, if you didn't like the one you got, you could trade right then and there with some people from the store or other customers. A few of the artists for this series were there signing their dolls, which was neat for those seriously involved in the collecting/ trading thing.

And of course I had to get one (look! no chipped nail polish!).

And I got a DIY Pink Munny so I can decorate it myself! Google them. Some are super awesome, which totally puts a lot of pressure on me to make mine super awesome, because after all, I am an artiste! 

3 comments:

Red said...

Are you on drugs that I don't know about?

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

Don't make me laugh! I could ask you the same thing, missy! We need to get together soon, so I can straight you out about your situation with D.

Fred | NOLArunner said...

When I told you that you need a new hobby, I didn't think figurine collecting would be the addiction of choice.

I never thought I would say this, but drugs may be something more useful for you to spend your money on.